Photobucket


Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Favorites!



So I guess I spoke too soon last Friday. I said I'd be back to a "normal" blogging schedule this week, but we still had work visitors in town until yesterday evening, which meant I was still just as busy this week. This left very little time for blogging. 


However, I just can't miss Friday Faves two weeks in a row.  That would be a tragedy. 


Favorite Funny / Truth


Favorite Jeans

This picture doesn't really do them justice, but I'm loving Old Navy's Wide-Leg Trouser Jeans in Rinse for only $34.50.  I am obsessed with wide leg jeans because I feel like I'm channeling my inner Rachel Zoe when I wear them.  I die for her (and Rodge) by the way.


Favorite Online Purchase
5 Hair Ties in One Packet $11.99 + S & H
Pour one out for my velvet scrunchies.  You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm as serious as a heart attack.  If I wanted to sleep on straitened hair to preserve it's sleekness for the next day, you best believe I would whip out one of my old velvet scrunchies circa my gymnastics crushed velvet leotard days.  No longer will I rock a scrunchie at night because I finally ordered the ever so blog-o-sphere popular emi-jay hair ties online yesterday.  

If you are still living with the shame of scrunchies at night like I am, then allow me to introduce you to the scrunchie alternative.  These hair ties won't pull or dent your hair like a rubberband and are made from a soft and stretchy material that has been hand-dyed and knotted.  There are several collections to choose from, but I went with the Cure Collection (pictured above).  Can't wait to test these babies out!

Favorite Stella and Dot & Emily Maynard Looks from The Bachelorette Finale
Emily wore the Stella and Dot Garden Party earrings ($54) with that gorgeous zig zag maxi.  As an aside, that maxi which I totally swooned over is currently on Rue La La.  Thanks for the tip Possessionista.  
She also wore the S&D Revival Tassel Necklace, which just so happens to be on sale for $55.30 and has also been featured in InStyle Magazine.  Can I please have Emily's Bachelorette wardrobe? Puh-lease.
Favorite Energy Drink

It is safe to say I'm completely and utterly addicted to the new Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher.  I may or may not go every day after to lunch to get one in a Trenta size before returning to the office.  

It is so good and good for you too because it's made with Green Coffee Extract for a boost of natural energy but no coffee flavor.  Just a cool, crisp "refreshing" pick-me-up in the afternoon.  Def my new drink staple.

Before I turn this thing over to you, I wanted to let y'all know that although yesterday I promised pics of me with Bela Karolyi in today, I am going to do you one better. I'm devoting an entire post to throw-back gymnastics pics next week in honor of the Olympics.  I was quite the ugly duckling back in the day, so you'll get a good laugh. I promise.

Your turn. Link-up my ladies.




Pin It

32 comments:

  1. That e-card just made my day! I hope you love the emi-jay hair ties. It is definitely a better look than an old school velvet scrunchie. Love me some Stella and Dot! I might have to be ordering some things from you in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really wanting to try those emijay hair ties! Good to know they work well. And I love that ecard...so true. I like to rock the yoga pants when I go out too cause it makes me look active haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your gymnastics post ... I'm sure it'll bring back memories.

    Those hair ties are awesome, but Sarah (http://sarahpea1007.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-time-i-decided-to-get-crafty.html) blogged yesterday about how she made them. So i ordered the materials and I'll be making my own. ;)

    I don't recommend the lime refresher - disgusting! I'll have to give the other one a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The workout quote is great. I actually do this (is that terrible)???

    I love the hair ties too! I just bought a pack of the twistbands - they're really similar but I love how these are glittery! Very cute.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its is about time girlfriend started wearing affordable shizz. I loved her wardrobe on The Bachelorette, but so much of it is like $300 for a shirt - no bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the stella and dot earrings I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - I just bought those hair ties and put them in my Friday Faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you rock the velvet scrunchie with such pride!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love trouser jeans!!! But it's so hard to find them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those jeans! I swear by all Old Navy Jeans but those are so cute and I also die for Rachel, Rodg, and baby Skylar. Cuties! YES on the someecard.. hilar! Have a great weekend Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Emily's wardrobe too! Especially all that jewelry :) Totally have to check out that maxi skirt because I loved what she did with it. Also, how amazing were all the dresses she wore? I feel like this was the first season that I truly loved all of the evening attire.

    I am veryyy excited to see you and Bela!!!!!!!! Also, I think I will be trying that Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher this weekend. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from the link up as your newest follower! :-)

    Great favs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the jeans and ecard...so many of those funny things relate to my life, so sad but so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, want Emily's wardrobe. Must be nice to be able to afford all of those pieces, yet get them for free!

    I want to try those Starbucks refreshers =) Maybe once this baby is out!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Emily's accessories... she always wears the perfect outfits. :)
    I haven't tried the new Starbucks drinks yet, but I need to!
    The ecard is pretty hilarious!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooops! Sorry - I'm new to this "linking up" thing...and just figured out that I'm suppossed to be posting my Friday Favorites too! I'll do it next week...sorry for just posting my regular post. My bad. Also....can I grab a button of yours to post on my blog?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol! loved the ecard! i also love everything about emily's wardrobe. i wish i had someone dressing me on the daily. can't wait to see your flashback pics mañana! tgiF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. um...that someecard is totes me. like for reals. i even have "work out clothes" that i wear on school nights if i have to run errands and don't want to go in my work attire.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe--just MAYBE--I will go try on those jeans. As you know, I am not so much a jeans girl. In part because of my love for dresses, and in part because of my muffin top. But I do like the wide leg look. Hmmmm.

    Emily is all about some S&D, huh??

    I only wear Emi-Jay hair ties. I discovered them a couple years ago at the Dailey Method, a workout studio around here that sells them at the counter. I bought a bunch of them and now won't wear anything else. I think they're especially good for people who have lots of hair, like us! I blogged about them ages ago, I think.

    Gotta try that Starbucks drink, too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Emily is gorgeous and I want her wardrobe too! :)

    I am your newest GFC follower. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside

    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm dying because I have a pair of wide-legged trouser jeans from Express FROM 10 YEARS ago that I sport on occasion. I love that I'm so old that I see styles come back and I don't even have to shop for them. ;)

    Loving everything S&D!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that you still have your scrunchies especially since the new and improved fashion scrunchies are back.

    Iva
    One Chic Mom
    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  23. The new Starbucks drink is really good! I didn't think I would like it, but ended up loving it! I especially love that it comes with fruit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just tried that refresher for the first time and LUH-ve it!!!!

    I must be living under a rock because I have never seen/heard of these hair ties!! PLEASe do a review, would love to know more about them!!

    I agree would LOVE Emily's wardrobe (and body please and thank you) SHe is the best dressed bachlorette, mama, etc.!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those jeans, too cute!

    New follower Ashton from:
    sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I heart your blog! Thought you would be interested in the 3 giveaways I'm hosting @ www.domesticsweetheart.com

    P.S. I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. PLEASE tell me you bought those jeans! I die

    ReplyDelete